Sunrises and Softball Diamonds

Today I am grateful for safe travels to visit Darcy's family, for the pleasant weather we have been having, and for good insurance coverage for ourselves, our vehicles, and our home.

I took this picture as I ran early yesterday morning in Sioux Falls. The promising colors of sunrise beckoned me as I decided which way to run. Not a bad way to choose a course for a run, and for a day: nature’s beauty and a sense of purpose. 


The backdrop for the sunrise was a softball complex not far from my mother-in-law’s new place. Fitting for me, former softball player and coach, and my nieces and sister-in-law too, also softball players. My niece currently plays college softball and we shared some conversation about that over the weekend.

Sunrises and softball diamonds. I have enjoyed many of each over the years. The dominant thoughts I had as I ran yesterday are good for me to recall as I head into my day today:

-If not for recovery from alcoholism, my sunrises and days on softball diamonds would likely have been cut short. Daily work for a daily disease Lisa.
-I get this day to live. Many had their last day recently. Maybe cancer took them. Maybe a senseless act of violence and terrorism did. I can do my best to make this a good day.

Will you join me in that pursuit? Onward!

Comments