Tunnel Vision, or a Light at the End of the Tunnel?

Today I am grateful for a bike ride on a windy but pleasant late November afternoon. I am also grateful for the convenience of microwave ovens.

On that Sunday morning run I mentioned yesterday, I was in new territory and discovered an underpass. As a runner and a biker, I really appreciate these underpasses, taking me beneath busy roads and potential hazards.

I was in picture-taking mode, so I captured these two below of the underpass tunnel. I often make links between my physical surroundings and my mental and emotional state. Exercising outdoors is my preferred location, and can really bring clarity to my thoughts and feelings at times. Along with writing inspiration.

Tunnel vision. I tend to get it often when I turn my thinking inward and crowd out reason and guidance from others and the Great Spirit. As I ran through this tunnel, the lights threw odd shadows. It gave the impression of me chasing myself. Isn't that what happens with tunnel vision?


If I would have stopped, the shadows would have stopped moving too, but I would never have reached this. The light at the end of the tunnel.


The lesson--keep moving forward and do the next right thing. It's the best way to escape yourself when that self is spinning and closed-minded.

Comments