Running in Circles

Today I am grateful for a Monday morning in a short work week. I am also grateful for clementines. I appreciate that these cuties are back in season and available at stores.

The other morning on my run, I hit a cul de sac at the end of a newer housing development. I decided to do a few circles around the cul de sac to add a couple minutes to my run before heading home. It was kind of soothing to do the little loop.

I considered the difference between literally running in circles, which I don't often do, and figuratively running in circles, which I am quite adept at. At least my mind has gotten much practice in it.

I have done far too much of this circular formation in my thought processes over my lifetime; regarding relationships, my job, writing goals, recovery, just little ole' me, and more. I can start with a healthy perspective and expectations. Then I get overly busy and lose perspective via a never-ending list of what I think needs to be done. Running in circles.

The cul de sac had a sign nearby reading "Future Thru Street."  My way thru running or spinning in mental circles is to pause, gain a sense of presence, live gratefully. That is a cycle worth repeating.

Comments

  1. "Clementine" I learned a new word today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grateful for words, old and new. There’s always more to learn.

      Delete

Post a Comment