Interconnected

Today I am grateful for the comfort of soft light and for the connections I have with others in so many different ways.

At an event last evening, I was reminded of the many ways we are interconnected as humans on a shared path at this time in history. In ways both minor and profound. I share common ground with others in a myriad of ways, yet remain my own ever-evolving self.

Fellow cancer patients and survivors. Those recovering from alcoholism and other addictions. Shared upbringings. Farmer's daughters. Sisters. Friends. Co-workers. Teammates. Writers. Runners. Commuters. Shoppers. Humans in tune with nature and other living things.

We are interdependent, complementary of one another when we honor our togetherness as well as our individuality. When we pause to respect our own journey, we acknowledge and extend respect to our fellow travelers as well.

Some of the connections are fleeting, others are lifelong. Some change us tremendously, others simply offer comfort. All of these connections matter. All of this weaving together creates a life story;
my story, your story, our story.

Interconnected. There are gifts in the weaving, beauty in the designs being created.

Today I will pause to experience interconnections and interdependence.

Comments