A Remedy When Feeling Uninspired

Today I am grateful for the effectiveness of healthy habits. They work under all conditions. I am also grateful for a mild morning.

That mild morning, by November standards, has allowed me to sit outside on our front patio for a few minutes. The writer within was feeling uninspired, even with several post drafts started and more ideas too. Some days it is like this. Not sure where to go with my writing thoughts. Not sure what is pulling me the strongest.

When feeling uninspired, nature is always an effective remedy for me. I stepped out to walk Oliver and appreciated that though damp, it isn't icy. A forty degree morning in mid-November invites more time outside. I listened for the early morning sounds and mostly heard traffic, but I also heard the quiet. Listen to the quiet. Listen to the silence and what it says.

The sky view is limited on this cloudy and drizzly morning, but even just looking up and feeling the vastness of the space above me is helpful. It brings me some humility and a sense of perspective.

It was the remedy I needed this morning. The sky reminding me that I am a small part of a much larger whole. My part matters, and so does yours. We all matter, and we are all connected. It helped me return to a sense of not feeling alone, not bearing the weight of the world myself, but rather considering how I might contribute today. And that we can all support each other in minor and major ways.

It started with a small kindness offered to my husband. Simply bringing him a cup of coffee. Simply considering the sky, feeling the damp air on my skin, smelling the late autumn leaves. The remedy of nature coming through for me again.

Comments