Speaking of Insurance

Today I am grateful for a quick dentist visit and x-rays on my son's wrist that showed no fractures.

I mentioned my gratitude practice as a form of insurance in my post yesterday. I am also grateful for the other forms of insurance I have and we have as a family. My own trip to the dentist reminded me of that, as did Sam's potential injury. Both happened yesterday.

The dentist visit was "pleasant."  You will not hear me say that often, especially in light of all the dental work I have had done. Yesterday's appointment was to fill a small cavity. It was small enough that I didn't need to be numbed and I was in and out of the chair in about 10 minutes. Yippee skippee!

Then at last night's baseball game, Sam took a pitch right on his wrist. We didn't think anything was broken, but it was definitely painful and he was having some trouble moving his wrist and fingers. We decided to be on the safe side and stop at urgent care. The x-rays they took there showed no fractures and we headed home thankful for that.

There are insurance policies we can buy with money. There are insurance policies we purchase with our time and effort. Today, I am grateful for all of them.

Comments