A Passionate Individual

Today I am grateful for family and the many ways it can be defined. I am also grateful for recovery from alcoholism and others who teach me how to live day by day.

It's time to turn a little attention to a passionate individual by the name of Arthur, my stepson. Here he is on the morning of his graduation from graduate school. He is accompanied by his nephew Leo and his decorated mortarboard, creatively crafted by his wife Alyssa.


Anyone who knows Arthur knows he is a passionate individual. His passion for studies, excellence, and his career field (nutrition science and dietetics) led him to a great two years at Illinois State and helped him land an impressive job at age 24.

Arthur is also passionate about family, and as you can see quite passionate about "his" Green Bay Packers. He is not just a fan. He is a fanatic. It was a fitting idea from Alyssa that when his name was read and he got hooded, his support crew of 13 shouted "Go Pack Go!" in unison.

Arthur is intense and has a presence and an energy field around him that is more overt than it is for many of us. His wife Alyssa is a good balance for him. I am grateful to Alyssa for her support of Arthur during these last two years. As newlyweds they headed off to a very busy and challenging two years in a new state hours away from family. Her steadfast support, her own hard work, and their teamwork as spouses were key to Arthur walking across that stage on Saturday. Thank you Alyssa!


We are all passionate individuals about something. Probably about many things. Today I will honor my passions. Family and writing just got honored in this post. Have a good day! 

Comments

  1. So wonderful that you share your gratitude. I believe gratitude is a short cut to finding peace of mind and happiness. It's why I wrote the children's picture book to encourage a nightly routine of thankfulness. Here's the book trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbf_KXG73HY
    Wishing you continued success on your path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! Peace of mind and happiness need not be elusive. They are right under our noses and when my routine includes gratefulness I feel more of each. I like your book approach with the goal of teaching young children about gratitude. I just ordered my own copy and look forward to sharing it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment