Always a Good Reminder

Today I am grateful for my job and the variety of people I come into contact with there. I am also grateful for my husband Darcy and the love we share.

One of the daily meditation books I have is titled Keep It Simple.  I don't even always read each day's reading. Some days just seeing that title is all I need. It is always a good reminder to me. Keep it simple Lisa.

I am an intense and driven individual in many ways. Thank God I am not driven to drink anymore. But I can still go down unhealthy roads with my expectations of myself and others. I can push myself too much and forget to practice what I preach about pausing, taking time to relax, resting, being grateful.

It has been a full week, a full month. Darcy is still sick with a nasty virus and that has made our week a different one. I have had to take care of things that he sometimes does, and also take care of him in ways too.  I am grateful for the love I have for him, and the sympathy I have for him because he feels really crummy. I am glad to do things like run to the store or bring him a glass of water.

It's been an off week in ways, but Darcy being sick has also helped me keep it simple. There's only so much time in a day, and my priorities become more clear when I have to consider what other people need from me.  Some of my plans and expectations need to be put aside.

And that is what keeping it simple is all about.

I will be taking a blog break until early next week. Thank you to all the service men and women who have served our country throughout our history. Enjoy the holiday weekend!

Comments