Piggyback

Today I am grateful for rest and a comfortable bed. I am also grateful for my marriage to Darcy.

Yesterday I shared a quote by Albert Einstein. I was reading a little about the great physicist when I came across another quote of his. It is a good piggyback on yesterday's quote.

"A hundred times a day I remind myself that my inner and outer lives are based on the labors of other people living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving."  (Albert Einstein, 1930)

Miracles are evident when I consider the people who have helped shape my life, the people who I have crossed paths with that ended up touching me profoundly. From my parents and siblings, to life-saving friends in high school and college, to teammates, athletes I coached, friends in recovery, co-workers, students, their parents, fellow runners, other cancer patients, to my husband, son, stepchildren, and so many more.

But I think Einstein was referring to an even broader human circle. The people who built the house I live in and enjoy. Those who constructed the roads that make my transportation easy and comfortable. The doctors, surgeons, nurses and others who were part of my cancer surgeries and treatment. This list could go on forever.

It is like opening your eyes a little wider and seeing more than you saw before. That is where Einstein's quotes take me. That is where gratitude takes me.

Have a good day! I will be taking a blog break for a couple days. See you next week.

Comments