Anticipation

Today I am grateful for connections with others in recovery from alcoholism. Those connections help me maintain a healthier path. I am also grateful for faith.

The word anticipation is on my mind today. Looking forward. A pleasant expectation.

Anticipation. I often think of the Heinz Ketchup commercial from the 1970's that featured Carly Simon's song titled "Anticipation." Watch it here.

There's anticipation for looming snowstorms . . . and the hope of a snow day. Many times this winter, a storm was talked up a week out, then didn't materialize. The current storm has us in line for a fair amount of snow. It will probably be snowing very soon, if the radar is accurate. What will that mean by tomorrow morning?

I am anticipating a "girls weekend" with several of my friends from high school this coming weekend.

Sam is anticipating a field trip with his classmates, then his spring break, just days away.

At my school, there's plenty of state tournament anticipation for our boys' hockey team.

Arthur is anticipating an interview for a graduate program, Alyssa is anticipating her senior art show.They are both anticipating their July wedding.

Emily is anticipating her high school graduation.

We are anticipating the return to daylight savings time and spring too.

When I stay grateful, anticipation is fed regularly. I anticipate my walk with Oliver now will give my legs a stretching and my lungs some fresh air to breathe.

Have a nice day!

Comments