Appreciating the Tiredness

Today I am grateful for the physical and emotional exhaustion that tell me I had a full and productive week. I am also grateful for an early run as daylight arrived this morning, Oliver by my side.

It was a busy week at work. They usually are, but this one moreso. It was what I like to call "a good busy." There were a couple of days I wish I would have had a good pedometer to wear. The steps racked up. I have to head back to school this morning for a registration event.

I do not always handle tired very well, however. Just ask my family. I can be a real bear when I get overly tired and then decide to open my mouth. But I have learned to open my mouth and apologize too. I had to do some of that last night. Then I fell asleep early.

Appreciating the tiredness helps me keep it all in perspective. Grateful to have a job to wear me out. Grateful Darcy and I got to a cycling class at the Y together. Grateful to have a family to make a meal for even when I feel all tapped out. Grateful for much-needed rest to also help bring a renewed perspective.

Comments