Wispy and Wistful

Living gratefully, I have noticed the minutae of life in recent days. And I have grasped at a deeper level that these seemingly trivial and brief details are anything but trivial and brief. They carry significant and lasting meaning.

I was watching some clouds pass by as I rode down the road with my family the other day. The word "wispy" came to mind. Feathery and light clouds, a freeing feeling.

Then the word "wistful"came to mind. I was experiencing wistful feelings as life moves forward for us but not my sister. Wistful is defined by words such as longing, yearning, and nostalgic. Sounds a lot like grief too doesn't it?

Other wispy and wistful moments in recent days included:

*Waves of water rolling to shore along Lake Michigan.

*Time with our grandson Aaron and his quickly changing curiosity.

*My recent birthday and how quickly the years pass, how much I appreciate another birthday.

*Feeling the loss knowing no birthday phone call or card was coming from Mary Jo.

*My elderly mom trying to get her fork into an elusive piece of tomato, and allowing
her the dignity to get it herself even though I wanted to help her.

*Dancing to the classic "YMCA" song with family members at a wedding celebration.

Pay attention. What wispy and wistful moments await today?  Freedom and awe will follow.

Comments