A Welcoming Bench

Living gratefully today, I am experiencing a sense of peace and also enjoying watching two squirrels playfully chase each other. 

Happy Anniversary to my stepson Arthur and his wife Alyssa! Have a special day :-) 

I noticed this bench as I ran on a stretch of trail near Arthur and Alyssa's house last week. Darcy and I also took walks with our grandson Aaron riding in his stroller. It is a nice stretch of trail because it highlights nature, the song of birds prevails, and there are shaded areas most welcome on warm and humid mornings.

I rarely sit at benches along trails. I am usually just running or biking past. I didn't sit at this one in the picture below either, but the plaque caught my eye as I ran past. It says "Here Comes the Sun." It's a more creative message as far as memorial bench plaques go. 


It's an inviting message, a welcoming message to greet the new day, greet the fresh light. Below is a picture of today's sun arriving.  Here comes the sun. Here comes opportunity and maybe, just maybe some more peace too. Have a good day! 



Comments