Broken

Today I am grateful for co-workers who help me in so many ways and who are true team players. I am also grateful for reminders of the precious gift of today.

Special happy birthday greetings to my friend Sheila. Enjoy your day! I am so grateful we were put on the planet within the same year and in the same area so our paths could cross.

A couple of things have been broken around our house in recent days. The shower is broken. The part that turns the shower on anyway. We still have a bathtub and water, and hot water at that. So it could be much worse. I am inconvenienced because I prefer showers. You want inconvenienced? Walk a few miles every day to get dirty water to haul back to your family, hoping you won't all get sick from it.

Sam's filling on a chipped tooth is also broken. It got chipped in football. It was an easy fix, but needs to be re-fixed. I am inconvenienced as I have to take him to the dentist and be late for work. He is inconvenienced because he needs to get up earlier. Inconvenienced or blessed?  I have a healthy son whose biggest medical issue of late is a chipped tooth that didn't hit a nerve or need a root canal. I have a job that will still be there when I go in late.

And then I think about the broken hearts and dreams of the victims of the northern California wildfires. Over 40 people have died in the fires, and well over 5, 500 homes and other structures have been destroyed.

Prayers go out to all impacted by these fires and those working hard to contain them.

My little broken inconveniences are put in perspective real quick when I consider the bigger picture.

Comments