Teeter totter

Today I am grateful that although Sam hurt his finger in a football game yesterday, that nothing is broken and it isn't serious. I am also grateful for the lamps in our house and the warm light they provide.

I teetered between extremes yesterday. Overwhelmed at times. Gratefully serene at others. 

I took my list of 5 things to be grateful for and did new lists a few times throughout the day. It brought me back to center.

And the word teeter couldn't help but bring a smile to my face as I couldn't help but think of the teeter totter we had growing up. We had plenty of fun with it, and also a few bruised backsides and a few fights to be sure. It was simply a long plank over a piece of piping, as my childhood mind recalls it.

Simple, but plenty of fun. That was when life's ups and downs were about playing. As we get older, life's ups and downs become something else and aren't always fun.

Yet, gratefulness keeps both the highs and lows in perspective.

Comments