Enduring, Endearing, Embracing

Today I am grateful for my husband Darcy's ongoing support of my recovery from alcoholism. I am deeply humbled and grateful for all I have learned on this recovery trek.

Today marks 26 years of sobriety for me. I am reminded "Don't get so many years that you forget the days." Today is all I get. It is all any of us get. And it is precious.

I have endured challenging times in the last 26 years. Some had everything to do with alcoholism, others had little to do with it. I have endured complacent times in my recovery. I have endured my own alcoholic mind, more enemy than friend. But it is easier to endure one day or one hour at a time, and with ample support surrounding me.

I have endearing friendships and relationships with others in recovery and I am so grateful for each and every one. I have endearing support of my husband Darcy and others in my life. I have a source of faith I trust and rely on. I hope you know how much you all teach me and the many ways you help me. You have my deepest appreciation.

I continue to embrace the opportunity and grace of recovery. Some days it is a full embrace, other days it is only a partial one. But I keep it close, within arm's reach. Within my heart and soul.

Like my recovery, I embrace gratitude. Two deadly diseases-cancer and alcoholism-are part of my story. They are woven throughout. The simple fact is that either one could have killed me like it kills others each day. I am here. Alive. That is a profound moment to embrace.

I will be taking a blog break until early next week. Enjoy the Labor Day weekend!

Onward!

Comments