Swine on the Mind

Today I am grateful for updated technology and for old memories.

The updated technology means our ten-year old TV has been replaced. These new flat screen TV's are sure a lot lighter. Old memories have to do with this picture:


I took this picture in the "Miracle of Birth" Center, one of the most popular attractions at the Minnesota State Fair. If you time it right, you can witness a live animal birth. I got to witness some of those growing up on a farm. I recall seeing calves and piglets enter the world. I especially liked the cute little piggies like the ones in the picture above.

I appreciated growing up on a farm for many reasons. Witnessing the "circle of life" so to speak was one of the things I remember. It was matter of fact in ways, amazing in others.

The picture above shows a litter of 14. I wonder if the one piglet eating is getting an early start, or finally getting his/her turn. I love their sleeping arrangements. It just makes me smile.

I wrote another post about pigs in a post here from December of 2012 if you care to read more.

Swine on the mind. Smile on the face. Have a good day!

Comments

  1. So cute! I always thought they walked like they were wearing high heels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about the high heel thing, but now that you mention it, it brings another smile. Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment