Eighth Grade Already?

Today I am grateful for my son and my job.

Our son Sam started 8th grade yesterday. Here he is in the "first day of school" picture we take every year.


Is that my baby? How could he be growing up so fast?  It is with mixed emotions that each school year comes, just like each birthday. Bittersweet. He is doing well. He is his own person. He has self-awareness and a level of ease and confidence I didn't have at 13. Yet, he has much to learn and some challenging years lie ahead. We will be here for you bud!

As Sam was just returning to school, my school is in week 3 already and we had our "Back to School Night" last night. I appreciate the opportunity to meet new parents and see ones I have known for years.

When it comes down to it, we all care about our children tremendously. I am grateful to be both a parent and a professional who gets to interact with other people's kids regularly. Both opportunities enrich my life.


Comments

  1. Congratulations on your growing boy. This is my morning Gratitude meditation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqiZ9AgdMpE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciated listening to and watching your video. I find that gratitude needs to be practiced regularly or I slip into negative thinking. Thanks for sharing Jason!

      Delete

Post a Comment