Peach Propel

Today I am grateful for a good training run yesterday and for peach Propel.

I am grateful that Darcy and I feel like we are getting more on track with our marathon training, after some setbacks earlier in the training season.

It was a nice morning yesterday, but somewhat humid and it warmed up by the time we were done. We take water with us and are able to keep hydrated and refill at our local Y if needed. But we had some cold beverages waiting for us in the refrigerator.

Thank goodness my favorite cold beverages today are alcohol-free. Post-run I like Propel, a sports drink. My favorite flavor is peach. I can't always find peach amidst the various flavors, but I found a couple on Friday and got them in the fridge.

As we neared home, after somewhere around 14-15 miles of running, I was really looking forward to that peach Propel. Darcy is often ready for a nap fairly soon after a long run like that. I need more time to wind down. My nap came in the afternoon.

So I took care of a couple of things, took my peach Propel, sat on our back patio and savored it. I need to do that more often. Sit. Savor. Just breathe. With peach Propel and with life in general.

Comments