Keeping It Simple Revisited

Today I am grateful for good company, good conversation, and good food at a gathering my husband and I attended last evening. (Thank you to our hosts Beth and Tom!) I am also grateful for our son Sam and his healthy growth and development.

Keeping it simple is a theme I try to weave throughout my days, and is certainly one I have written about numerous times on this blog. It is a theme worth revisiting time and time again.

Today I can keep it simple by pausing and bringing myself back to the present moment when some part of me (usually my brain) wants to race off ahead. Being aware of my five senses in that pause can also help me regroup.

I can keep it simple by saying no and yes at appropriate times, to myself and others. Setting healthy boundaries is sometimes done by declining something. At other times it is done by embracing an opportunity. If I kick myself after saying a "yes" when I really wanted to say a "no, " or vice versa, I can learn from that and remember it next time. That will lead me to a healthier response then.

I can keep it simple by remembering that I have help and support. It is a lonely and exhausting place to be in when I think I have to do it all. Having faith in a higher source of power helps. Asking others for their input and help is also beneficial. And the benefits go both ways.

Keeping it simple. How will you revisit this theme today?

Comments