How about a 2 x 4?

Today I am grateful for planks and push-ups to keep my body strong. I am also grateful for time to sit for a few minutes this morning.

What do I mean by a 2 x 4? First, let me tell you what I don't mean. I don't mean that imaginary piece of wood we sometimes figuratively bonk ourselves and others upside the head with. I can take life too seriously and give myself (and I am sure those around me) a headache with that kind of 2 x 4. Lighten up. Loosen up. Be kind and gentle with self and others.

The 2 x 4 I am talking about is a gratitude practice. Two things/people I am grateful for and 4 reasons why for each.

1. My husband Darcy
a. We laugh together.
b. He understands when I need time to myself.
c. He supports my recovery from alcoholism.
d. He accepts my body as it is; scars, flaws and all.

2. Early mornings
a. My energy is more focused.
b. The quiet is calming.
c. The coffee is always good.
d. I get to start my day with some writing.

This kind of 2 x 4 (which is greater than 8 by the way), is a good way to start the day. Try one yourself, or use any combination you would like-3 x 3, 4 x 2, 1 x 5, 2 x 2.  You get the idea.

Try some gratitude synergy today.

Comments

  1. Thanks for 2 X 4 idea - I will use it. As usual your blog continues to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I started my day with this kind of 2 x 4, because by the end of today's work day I felt that figurative 2 x 4. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment