Revel

Today I am grateful for safe travels to and from Seattle and for a pleasant time taking in that city's downtown. I am also grateful for my sister Leonice and sister-in-law Annie, the time we got to spend together, and the kind gestures they extended; like picking us up and taking us back to the airport to name just a couple. Thanks you two!

It was another memorable marathon experience. Marathon #11 successfully completed. The rain held off, the wind was bearable when present, the route was scenic, the hills challenging. We got a street-level view of an impressive city and the beauty of the Pacific Northwest. The 26.2 miles were varied; along water, across an interstate bridge, through scenic trees and vegetation. One step at a time. One mile at a time. Darcy and I spent the first 16 miles together, and then had our individual journeys the last ten miles. It was great to see family out on the course, and the orange slices really hit the spot.
Thanks again!

Approaching the finish, hill after hill, seeing the Space Needle and knowing that was my goal. Running, albeit slowly, into Memorial Stadium, a few spectators remained, and an announcer said my name. I pumped my fists and crossed the finish line. That is a feeling I can't fully describe, but I am reveling in that post-marathon euphoria that takes days to wane. I am feeling deeply blessed to have been able to make this trip. I am referring to both the trip to Seattle itself and the 26.2 mile trip in Seattle.

Here is a picture of Darcy and I in the recovery area at the finish:

 
Let the reveling and the recovering continue. 

Comments