Deal

Today I am grateful for family traditions and time together on Christmas Eve with Darcy, Sam, Emily, Oliver and I. I am also grateful for the simple pleasure of playing cards.

That leads to my word of the day: deal. As in deal those cards up! Let's play some 500 or euchre!Those are my favorite games to play at family gatherings. I grew up watching my parents play cards whenever "company" came over or when we went visiting. I learned to play at a young age. Invariably when my family gathers, there will be some card playing.

I appreciate that all you need are people and a deck of cards. Cheap fun! And we often spend plenty of time laughing as we play, though some are more serious than others. Darcy has learned to play over the years and enjoys joining in. Sam is even learning to play now, courtesy of his youth group involvement.

Then there's that other kind of deal. As in "let's make a deal!"  At our church services last night, the sermon was about sharing the Christmas spirit, and that the more we share it, the more we have. Now, that is a real deal! And that is also how gratitude works.

Sharing gratitude multiplies the appreciation. Today I will look for opportunities to share gratitude.Merry Christmas to all!

Comments