Voices of Hope Premiere

Today I am grateful for the smell of fresh-baked cookies and for Pizza Hut pizza.

I am also grateful to be part of the "Voices of Hope: Family and Friends" DVD project. My husband Darcy, son Sam, and I were all part of this and were interviewed last May along with other BC survivors and their families/friends. In August we saw the rough cut of the DVD, paring down 25-30 hours of interviews into a 25-minute DVD. This second DVD will be a companion piece for the first "Voices of Hope" DVD created in 2010. That DVD is meant for newly diagnosed women. This one is meant for caregivers. They are truly a dynamic duo in my opinion. The first DVD has had nearly 6,000 copies already distributed throughout Minnesota, many other states, and even other countries.

Last night at a nice theater in a nice little neighborhood in Minneapolis, this second DVD was premiered on the big screen. It was the first time, and likely the only time, I will see myself on the big screen. Two things struck me about that...how far I've come from self-hatred and hating mirrors to loving and accepting that reflection. And how very humbling it is to be part of this project and share with others. I am so proud of my husband and son, and all the participants. The strength of each DVD, as far as I am concerned, is that they contain a genuine and real range of emotions. There's laughter and there are tears.

I so appreciate the other wonderful people who took part, the people behind the camera, and those who offered financial support. I was touched and honored that my sisters drove 150 miles to go with us to the premiere and that a number of my friends and co-workers came. 

I am exhausted this morning, but feeling that gratitude glow as well.

If you are interested in seeing the trailer to this DVD and getting your own copy, please go to www.hastingsbreastcancer.com   

For multiple copies, contact dianedavies48@yahoo.com

Comments