Share or Burden?

Today I am grateful for lively conversation with my friend Kelly yesterday and for time to give to my writing projects.

In a different conversation I was having with my friend Jill yesterday, the idea for today's blog post came to me. Jill and I are one another's go-to friends. When we need to unburden, vent, sort things out, we can count on one another. That's a good friend to have. Thanks Jill!

In our conversation yesterday we were talking about the difference between sharing and burdening.If I share something with the right motives and consideration, it will probably turn out alright. If I share something with the wrong motives, or out of anger or spite, it probably won't go so well. That makes sense doesn't it? But I am human, so I don't always act in the ways I should. It was good to have the discussion and the reminder.

But it also got me thinking about gratitude. If I practice gratitude, I am in better spiritual condition and I will be more likely to do the right kind of sharing, not burdening. Speaking of burdens, being grateful and sharing that with others is never the wrong kind of sharing. It lightens the load we each carry by pointing out the blessings of this day, thereby taking my mind off the burdens, even if those burdens are all in my head.

That's it for now. Closing Lisa's random thoughts on gratitude for today.

Comments