FMSC and M.A.D.D.

Today I am grateful for safe travels for my husband yesterday and for some rain this morning. We continue to be very dry here, so we appreciate all we get.

I don't often blog about my job, though I am grateful for it in many ways. Yesterday was a good example of that. I went with our 8th grade class and several other adults to Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) to do some service work. It is a neat and effective organization that gets food into the hands of starving children. Our job for a couple hours was to pack these meals. They have been created to provide the best nutritional value to a starving child. We helped pack over 19,000 meals. Although I have been there numerous times with different groups, I always find it gratitfying. I was exhausted yesterday, but doing that work energized me.

Then last evening we had a speaker for parents from M.A.D.D. (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) and the topic was preventing underage drinking. It was an effective presentation followed by some good discussion.  Further exhausted, I was again energized by the event because it was clearly appreciated by the parents who attended.

I am grateful for the range of activities my job presents, and yesterday was a good example of that.

Have a good day!

Comments