Whether You Like It Or Not

Today I am grateful for a run with Darcy as daylight arrived this morning. I am also grateful for the Little Raiders football program and that Sam is excited to be starting practices.

On our run this morning, Darcy and I saw this on the sign outside the church not too far down the road from us:  "God loves you whether you like it or not."  That struck me. God is the constant. I am the one who waffles. There are days and moments I don't feel or act very lovable, but my Higher Power hangs in there until I come back around and feel some grace and worthiness.

I guess the same could be said for gratitude: "Gratitude works whether you like it or not." On those days I am not feeling very blessed or appreciative, I can still take the actions of practicing gratitude. It may not totally remove the crunkiness, but it certainly slows the downward spiral at the least.

It works. It really does.

Comments