Book Sale Bonanza

Today I am grateful for the conversation I got to have with my friend Jill yesterday. "Keepin' it real" is what makes our friendship so genuine and so important to me. Thanks Jill!

I am also grateful for the finds I made yesterday at our local library's book sale. I was perusing box after box of non-fiction titles when I found a treasure!  It was a copy of Anne Lamott's Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life.  I have read it before, but have already started reading it again.

I also grabbed a copy of Anna Quindlen's Being Perfect. I read it in about fifteen minutes. It's a thought-provoking little book with intriguing pictures and lines like "And eventually being perfect became like carrying a backpack filled with bricks every single day. And oh, how I wanted to lay my burden down . . .If you have been trying to be perfect, too, then perhaps today is the day to put down that backpack before you develop permanent curvature of the spirit."

I don't want curvature of the spine or the spirit. Unburden baby!

Three dollars, two books, and a bonanza of wise words I have already begun to enjoy.

Now we (Darcy and I) are preparing to head out the door on 20-mile run #2 for this marathon training season. I am thankful for 52 degrees. 

One step at a time, I run. One day at a time, I practice gratitude.

Comments