Fresh Starts

Today I am grateful for the fresh air coming through the open windows after a warm and humid day yesterday. I'm also grateful for the fresh start to a new day and a new school year.

My nephew and his new wife have a fresh start to their married life. Their wedding day and celebration were very nice. I had a pleasant time with family and friends and even got a few dances in. (Although my husband and I got too tired before a slow song came along for us.)

New students arrive at the school I work at today, to begin a fresh chapter in their educational journey. Some will be nervous, some excited, some plenty of both. It is always a gift to feel all of that energy as a new school year gets underway.

Gratitude affords me a feeling of fresh starts every day. When I am grateful for the little things, they don't get old and stale, they stay new and fresh. It's only when I forget to be thankful that I take things for granted and they start to feel run-of-the-mill.

Give a fresh start to your day. Do an A-Z gratitude list just to freshen up your surroundings.

Have a good day! 

Comments