Olympic Dreams

Today I am grateful for a comfortable bed to sleep in and for ceiling fans. I am also grateful I can watch history unfold at the Olympics.

I have always been a fan of the Olympics and when I was young I dreamed of going to the Olympics. I wanted to go in the 800 meter dash and in softball. (Softball is no longer an Olympic sport.)  I didn't make it to the Olympics but running and softball have been integral in my life. I still run after starting about 35 years ago running up and down our farm driveway. I played softball through college and coached it for over 10 years as well. Along the way, I met many wonderful people and made many good memories. So I guess in ways my dreams did come true.

I appreciated watching the U.S. women win gold in the team gymnastics competition and to watch Michael Phelps make history with medals 18 and 19. There are plenty of Olympic-themed commercials on if you are watching the coverage. I like the one of Ryan Lochte swimming to London. It's a good analogy for any goal. It doesn't just happen, we have to work at it and work hard.

That holds true for my practice of gratitude, but it sure feels good when I do the work. Thanks for being there to help keep me motivated.

Have a good day and do your goal work!

Comments