In My Blood

Today I am grateful for a good training run yesterday and for a low-key day before a busy week begins.

Our training run went well. I ran for 4 hours and 15 minutes and covered 20 + miles. I feel ready for the Omaha Marathon. Five weeks from this morning will be marathon morning. Call me crazy, but this is about the time I start getting fired up. I never dread my training runs, and I don't find it hard to get motivated to get out there and start. But I keep my excitement in check until the actual marathon gets closer.

I think many things contribute to the growing excitement:
-training that has gone well and has me feeling prepared
-pleasant memories of previous marathons
-pure gratitude that I am healthy and can run
-more gratitude that Darcy and I do this "hobby" together
-endorphins
-a goal within sight
-the fact that this will be our 10th marathon

I'm even grateful for the sore and achy muscles this morning. They aren't that bad, and a walk with Oliver helped, but they remind me of the journey I took yesterday one step at a time, the sights of our community I got to take in, and the nice weather we enjoyed.

What can I say? Running is in my blood and has been since I started running up and down our farm driveway when I was about 12.  And now marathon running is in my blood. 

Comments