Celebrating the Ordinary

 
As I get more connected in the blogosphere, I come across wonderful ideas, like this one from Marie on her blog Journeying Beyond Breast Cancer (http://journeyingbeyondbreastcancer.com)

Check out her Celebrating the Ordinary posts.

Here is my photo contribution. These are my feet. They are not pretty feet, but they do a great job. They are four weeks away from carrying me to the starting line of marathon #10.  Notice the band-aid on one toe?  That's from a blister I got from the shoes I wore to my nephew's wedding this weekend.

My feet are not perfect, but they are mine. Just like my mastectomy scars. They are part of who I am and they define me. They define me as someone who feels deeply blessed to be alive and running marathons.

Today I celebrate my ordinary feet. I also recall my running mantra at the height of all things cancer. I directed this mantra to any cancer cells in my body:  "I have run hundreds and thousands of miles, millions of steps, I can outrun you little S.O.B.'s!"

Comments

  1. I think your feet are lovely, Lisa. The fact that they can carry you away on marathons is huge. Most feet cannot sustain that continued pounding. And I love your snarky mantra that says to your cancer, "Take that." This challenge is so fun, isn't it? You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you Jan! I believe anything that helps us see our daily gifts is a good thing. Marie at Journeying Beyond Breast Cancer has a great idea. And that snarky mantra helped carry me through some tough days when the runs were slow and my body was fighting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa, it's Marie here from Journeying Beyond Breast Cancer...I am so pleased to find your site and thank you for taking part. I love this image of your feet and it is certainly true that we can take the amazing ability to use our feet to get places we want to go, so much for granted. Thank YOU for the reminder! And good luck with the upcoming marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to hear from you Marie and what a great idea you shared with the rest of us. Gratitude shared is gratitude multiplied.
    Thanks and keep up the good work! Your efforts make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I found you via AnneMarie's blog and love that you too are taking part in Marie's challenge (am am super impressed by your marathon aspirations!). Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like how like minds find each other in the blogosphere.I have only posted one picture this week, but will strive to get a second one up. Spreading gratitude is a good thing!

      Delete
  6. "I can outrun you little SOBs!" is my twitter quote of the day!
    I routinely honor my hardworking feet with pedicures because they take such a pounding every day and rarely get a thank you.
    I could say that I don't run marathons so my feet won't suffer, but that would be a lie. Three cheers for Lisa's feet!
    Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! My feet wouldn't know what to do with a pedciure, but maybe after this marathon they need to find out what one feels like. Carry on indeed!

      Delete

Post a Comment