On the Road Again

Today I am grateful that I had our house to myself for an hour last night. It was a treat and it doesn't happen that often. I am also grateful I can pull up YouTube videos of old songs. A recent listen was Terry Jacks' "Seasons in the Sun."  Not exactly an uplifting tune, but I used to know all the words and still remember most of them.

We are on the road again this weekend for my nephew's graduation party, so I won't be posting for a couple of days. Four weekends in a row we have headed to Iowa. I am grateful we are close enough to make some of these events, grateful that my family gets along and doesn't have any rifts that keep people away. Some families aren't able to say that.

I used to be a serious packer and take longer than I needed, worry more than necessary about forgetting something, etc. Now, I keep it short and simple and my husband reminds me that if we had to we could buy something we forgot. The things that don't fit in that category are our medications and we remind each other to bring those.

Worry is wasted energy. Practicing gratitude is not. It creates energy.

If you like what you are reading here, please share with others. Sharing gratitude, no matter what format, is a powerful exchange.



Comments