Even Pink Gorillas Have Stories

Today I am grateful for the writing group I have discovered in my community and for the people I am meeting there.  I am also grateful for my job and my co-worker Julie. We have a good working relationship and mutual respect.

I was on a bike ride yesterday and caught a glimpse of something big and pink in the backyard of a house near the trail. My curiosity led me to bike past the house and I discovered the pink presence was a rather large stuffed animal-a pink gorilla. It was bigger than me. I chuckled to myself and and wondered "What's the story there?"

I appreciated the laugh, but appreciated even more the reminder that everyone has a story and all stories matter. People enjoy telling about their lives and that is where the real inspiration lies. I would rather hear about the extraordinary experiences of ordinary people than get caught up in famous people's messy lives that are plastered all over the media. Give me sincere and genuine any day over the hype and gossip.

Let's honor one another by sharing our own stories and listening to each other's. I'm guessing I wasn't the first one that pink gorilla got a chuckle from.

Comments