All We Do Is Try

Today I am grateful for my co-workers, students, and parents as we wind down another school year. I have gotten used to the different kinds of energy a school has at different times of the year.

I am also grateful for acceptance. It is something I need daily, but available for the taking if I just ask.

"All we do is try" is the phrase on my mind this morning. I was talking about perfectionism and perpetual dissatisfaction recently. They can be paralyzing if I feel overwhelmed and hopeless. "Why bother?" "Does any of this really matter?"

But trying dispels the hopelessness. Trying means I am taking action and action leads to results. Staying stuck does not lead to results.

The same applies to practicing gratitude. All we do is try.  Some days are better than others. Some days I am feeling the gratitude and some days I am acting as if.  Practicing habitual gratitude keeps me moving in the right direction, and on days I am not moving, at least I am facing the right direction.

What actions will you take today to practice gratitude?  Journal? Top 10 list? Gratitude letter? 3 x 3?Take a gratitude walk?  Whichever you choose, put your heart into it.

Comments