85 mph

Today I am grateful for the creature comforts that having electricity provides. I am also grateful for the perspective that not having electricity provides.

I appeciate being able to blog again today, after an unplanned two-day break.

Today's post is titled "85 mph" because that is the estimated wind speeds that hit our neighborhood and community shortly after 4:00 a.m. Tues. morning. We lost several big branches in our backyard and the light/shade will be different. But we fared better than many others in the area. We feel fortunate that no injuries have been reported. 

Many trees were entirely uprooted; cars, roofs, windows took hits. I was both saddened by the destruction and in awe of the power of nature.

It was a short-lived and fast-moving storm, but it changed the plans of many people in that brief period of time. The last two days didn't play out like I would have expected them to if you would have asked me on Monday what my plans for the week were. I did gain perspective though; once again reminded of the power of Mother Nature, and once again reminded of what really matters in life.

We have been incovenienced in more ways than one since the storm hit, but we have been given the opportunity to enjoy more quiet and more time together as a family as well. 

Sometimes it takes 85 mph action to remind us to slow down.

Comments