Chance Happenings

Today I am grateful for a nice time with my husband and son yesterday at Target Field for the Twins game. They even won!  It was nice to soak up some sun.

I am grateful too that while I was out running this morning, I crossed paths with my friend Betsy. We were able to walk together for a couple miles and get caught up a bit. It was a nice chance happening.

I observed another chance happening while on my run though, and it was a sad one. I ran to the edge of town and a busy county road. I saw that a deer had been hit and killed. Not an unusual happening around here. I turned around and headed back into town. A few hundred yards away, at the edge of a field and wooded area, I saw what looked to be a fawn. It was standing there alone. It struck me that the fawn's mother may have been the one that had been killed on the road. How sad.

How quickly our circumstances can change. How important it is that we practice gratitude and not take our daily gifts for granted.

Comments