Life As A Potluck

Today I am grateful for a full day yesterday . . . the kind of full that leaves me brimming with gratitude, not for one big reason, but for many small ones. I am also grateful that I got to see my friend Jill and other kind souls. I got to play sand volleyball too. We lost the games, but gained some laughs and sand in peculiar places.

We went to our second potluck of the week yesterday and our third of the summer. Potlucks always work out. There's plenty of food and variety. It dawned on me that potlucks can teach us a few things about life:

-Show up with a smile on your face and something to share and things will work out.

-Be willing to try new things.

-But old favorites are always good.

-Pitch in and share the workload.

-My "dish-to-pass" doesn't need to be perfect and neither do I.

-Share your recipes; for good food, but also for happiness and success.

There is wisdom in the simplicity of potlucks. There is wisdom in the simplicity of living life to the fullest one day at a time.

Comments