Consider the Flowers

Today I am grateful for pen and paper. It is still the writing format closest to my heart and most helpful to my emotional processing. 

I appreciated this recent post titled "You're Already There" on my sister Danita's blog "Aging Wrinkles and Wonders." I encourage you to read it and to sign up to receive her next posts by email. 

This question stayed with me: 

"How often do I hurry to get to where I think I want to be and trample on the beauty of the moment?" 

Yep. I have been known to do some hurrying and trampling. I would like to think my efforts to live gratefully have led to less hurrying, more observing, less trampling, more honoring. I'm pretty sure they have. But I am also pretty sure I still catch myself at a frenetic pace doing some damage at least a few times a week, or a day, depending on how friendly of terms my mind and I are on at the time. 

I love sitting outside in the early mornings and sometimes in the evenings too. The way the light changes and plays on the trees, the road, the various potted plants my husband Darcy tends to, and the sky all bring me more fully present. 

More impressed with what Danita captured in her photos of Colorado hillsides and wildflowers in bloom, I was still impressed with this mix of blossoms. I only had to travel a few feet to see them on our front patio.

I pass these flowers several times a day on most summer days. The colors grab my attention. My emptier, more still mind helps me appreciate them more deeply as well. 

Consider the flowers today. Consider the moments. Consider something as simple and profound as your next breath. More attention. Less trampling. 

Thanks Danita! 

Comments

  1. Thanks Lisa. Your words validate “More attention. less trampling.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. Your words validate “More attention. less trampling.”

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment