Surge

Today I am grateful for life's simple pleasures like toast and a warm blanket. 

What we all probably think of these days when we hear the word surge is what is happening with the COVID-19 pandemic. It's a scary surge. Very scary. 

It is unsettling to hear “humanitarian disaster” in reference to what lies ahead in the coming weeks and months. The mounting crisis and death toll is real. Pandemic fatigue is real. The complexities and simplicities of human nature are showing themselves. 

I am worried about tomorrow, short term and long term, but I can’t spend too much time there. Today is a better place to use my energy and take helpful and responsible actions. 

I am sentimental about yesterday. The pre-pandemic times when my biggest worries were personal, not global. I can’t spend too much time there either. But as I considered the word surge, it brought to mind growing up on dairy farm. A company with the name of Surge manufactured milkers and other equipment. 


Pleasant memories of growing up on a farm. I arrive back at what I can do today to preserve a future for the generations ahead. Our children and our children's children. In the middle of a COVID-19 surge, what can I do to help slow and mitigate it?  Plenty. And that is what I will try to do TODAY. 

Comments