Sent scurrying

Living gratefully today, I appreciate family time over the weekend and Sam's safe travels back to college. 

On my run yesterday morning, I sent a few squirrels and other critters scurrying for cover as I neared them. Plenty of foliage has died back, leaves have fallen. There is less cover to be found. 

They were safe from me, but I made them anxious and they weren't going to wait and see what my motives were. 

It struck me then and there that COVID-19 has sent us scurrying. Or at least it should. 


We do know its motives. It is a virus looking for hosts. It is highly contagious and it is deadly to some. 
We are at a critical juncture as cases and deaths are growing very quickly and dangerously in many places.

Maybe we don't need to scurry, or run, but we best grab our masks, keep the hand sanitizer nearby, and follow this guidance as much as we can with anyone who doesn't live with us:


I can do my part to be responsible and safe. It may not prevent the virus from finding me, but I don't want to be an easy target and I do want to protect others as well.  Will you do your part? We often heard "we are all in this together" last spring. We can't forget that now. 

Comments