Ebbs and Flows

Today I am grateful for my husband Darcy and the ways we understand one another and communicate. 

I also appreciate these words from my friend Nancy in her guest post on Thursday:

"Lisa never pressures. Never judges. Rather Lisa leads writes by example. 
She encourages while accepting the fact that gratitude ebbs and flow." 

Many who know me know of my belief in and commitment to living gratefully. I blog about it. I host gratefulness gatherings. At work, I encourage sharing gratitude on Thankful Thursdays. If that is all you know about me, you may think I am one of those pollyanna sorts always looking on the bright side. Bleh! 

That's not me, and that's also not good for one's mental and overall health, in my opinion. Living gratefully is not about denying and glossing over the sometimes grim realities of life as a human. Living gratefully is about pausing to breathe and feel grounded. 

It is about acknowledging that this is tough right now, but that I have the energy to proceed. I have what I need in this moment. It may not be all I want, but it is enough. And more.

Gratefulness definitely ebbs and flows in my life, in my head, heart, and soul. There is only so much I actually control, the rest I have to accept. Living gratefully brings the grace required to accept that which I cannot change.

I don't ever pressure others to be grateful. I only encourage and share my own experience with it. 
If you feel any pressure, it is from within you, not from me or anyone else. You may want to lean into that pressure and hear/feel what it wants you to know. 

Comments