Traveling Lighter . . .

Today I am grateful for the meditation time I make for myself, at least on some days, and what I gain in that time of awareness and "being."  I am also grateful for warm socks for my feet.

Traveling lighter is what is on my mind this morning, in several ways.

Traveling lighter to and from work . . .
I just got a new school bag--the one I had was too big for my purposes. In this digital age, I often only bring my computer back and forth from work, my lunch bag, and my purse. My new bag is a backpack/hand bag and I really like it.

My lunch bag often fits in there, as do the necessary items from my purse. On many days, I am not grabbing several bags, just one. That makes it easier and less frustrating getting out the door at home in the morning and out the door of my office in the afternoon.

Traveling lighter with the physical stuff that needs to go to and from work, but also the mental baggage I am not bringing home. Caring less in healthy ways. Productive and fairly focused at work, and then leaving it there.  Not always, but certainly better than I had been doing in the recent years of changes and transitions that have been going on there.

Traveling lighter on my feet . . .
As I work through physical therapy to strengthen my hip and loosen my IT band, I am also focusing on my running gait and form. Being lighter on my stride landing, more mid-foot strikes, less on the heel. This is more efficient and less jarring to the rest of my body. This also makes for less wear and tear on the body parts that had gotten out of whack.

Traveling lighter in my thinking and feeling . . .
The meditation and other work I have done in recent months, and continue to do, are helping me think less, feel more. That is a healthier approach for this chronic ruminator. Less energy into overthinking, more energy into current emotional state.

This brings a better sense of self, which helps me as I move through my day, interacting with others and the world. And also the interacting within. Fewer battles of will. Less self-judgment. Unburdening instead of piling on.

Traveling lighter in this inner realm is allowing me to travel lighter in the outside realms as well.

Comments