A Winter's Day

Living gratefully today, I am paying attention to my muscles and joints and giving them some rest. I am also appreciating the ease of warm and clean running water.

It's heading toward mid-February and the days are getting longer and lighter. It hasn't been a tough winter in terms of weather, especially compared to what we had last year.

Here's a winter day that played out in a 24-hour period over the weekend:

-clear roads and trails and sunshine greeted me mid-afternoon Saturday as I went for a run

-the forecast was calling for a snowstorm, so I wanted to get a run in on clean roads

-over night the snow arrived, and by 8:00 a.m. Sunday I was shoveling a few inches off the driveway

-then the heaviest snow hit for a couple hours and it was fun to watch it out the window and 
       also to take a walk out in it, I have always liked walking out in snow, it's peaceful

-more shoveling--but I like that job and appreciate being physically able to do it

-the snow wound down and the sun came out by 1:00 p.m.

-Darcy and I went snowshoeing around 2 p.m., in the bright and white sunshine, about 24 hours after the previous day's run

Just a winter day, a 24-hour stretch, in our part of the world. I appreciated it all.  

Comments