Keep Going

Today I am grateful for safe travels, the many ways I enjoyed time with family in recent days, and especially the little ways I spent time with my mom. I am grateful she seemed more content, less agitated.

Witnessing that sense of peace in her offered a good buffer to the growing confusion and declining recognition Mom has.

One of the numerous family members who gathered to help Mom celebrate her birthday was her younger sister Helen. Helen is approaching 84, and aging well from what I can see. She joined my siblings and I, along with Mom, later on Sunday afternoon after the "party" was over.

Someone commented to her that she hadn't changed since the last time they had seen each other, and the question asked was along the lines of "How do you do it?"  Helen's response was "I get up each day and keep going."

Thank you for that simple wisdom Aunt Helen! Getting up is easier on some days than others.  Keeping going sometimes seems effortless, and feels like a weighted burden at other times. This is true for all of us, young or old.

We can each call on the faith and summon the energy available to us. Living gratefully helps me keep the faith and energy in ready supply.

Get up. Welcome this new day. Keep going into the opportunities that await. Have a nice day!


Comments

  1. Wonderful to see you, too! Always is. Your attitude and self confidence is inspiring. Was also wonderful to see your Mom so contented and enjoying being with those she loves. I treasured the time with my only living sister and her family. It was very meaningful to me. Thanks, Lisa, ad have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment