Breathe In This Special Day

Today I am grateful for the opportunities that being a gratefulness gathering host have brought into my life. I appreciate speaking with others about my experience and theirs around this idea of living gratefully. I grow from each of these conversations.

Breathe, just breathe. So short and simple. So hard for me to remember when I most need to remember. Practice makes progress possible. That includes practicing mindful breathing. It can bring a presence to the moment at hand and the day ahead, and help me let go of "stuff" that is a burden and would slow me down today if I kept hanging on to it. Let go or be dragged.

Physically slowed, mentally stalled, emotionally stuck, spiritually empty.  These happen when the "stuff" stays. They disappear when I surrender and find myself fully focused on now and the hours ahead. When I open to what the Universe and Great Spirit offer to me.

Here is a breathing mediation I have found helpful. I encourage you to try it. It is from Louise Hay.

A 5-Minute Meditation to Open Your Heart

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Breathe in and breathe out and just let go of all that stuff that is stuck inside you.

This is a special day and we don’t want to carry any old stuff with us.

Put one hand on your heart and one hand on your belly. And as you breathe quietly, notice how comforting that feels. Be aware that you can do this anytime and anywhere and take care of yourself.

You can make yourself feel better with simple gestures and your own breathe. How it calms you down. It lets yesterday go. It gives you a feeling of safety. You are here for yourself. And as you release yesterday and even this moment, you allow your full attention to come into this day, this hour, this time. Turn your full attention to this wonderful, wonderful day.

Let your heart open and make room for all the good of the Universe to come in.

All is well.

"This is a special day and we don't want to carry any old stuff with us."  Unburden and open up to today's opportunities, connections, lessons, newness.

Comments