A Winter's Night

Today I am grateful for the synergy created when I get to hang out with other recovering alcoholics. I am also grateful for wisdom that finds me when I need it. 

That winter's day I wrote about yesterday included a winter's night too. Day always gives way to night, and night to day. The flow of life. I find comfort and peace in that flow. There are many things I appreciate about the various times of day.

This is what awaited me Monday morning, after a fresh snowfall the day before and some overnight freezing fog. Stunning beauty that reminds me that something far more powerful than human is at work in the world. I find comfort and peace in that as well. 



The sound of the snow and crunch underfoot. The warm bed and heated house I had just left. The heart strings attached to the two guys still sleeping upstairs and the little guy walking beside me on our morning walk.

A winter's night gave way to faith, hope, and love in the early morning. It was a good start to a new day. Gratitude practice, taking action by writing about gratefulness as path to energy and strength, is another good start to a new day.

How do you get your day off to a good start? What gets you in the flow of life?

Comments