There's More Where That Came From

Living gratefully today, I give thanks for my fingers and toes. They may be smaller body parts, but they do a lot for me and the rest of my body. I also appreciate the garbage haulers who always get the job done, regardless of the weather on any given pick-up day.

Here is the bulk of my post from February 13, 2018: 

Coming off a tough year in 2017 that saw much pain and many challenges for people I care about, and also brought me some job-related stress as well as minor, but noticeable, physical health issues, JOY is a good reminder, a good focus.

Some random thoughts on JOY:

*"Don't squeeze the joy out." Each day, each hour provides joy for the taking. Notice it.

* Joylets, as my sister Aileen calls them, can be as simple as the smell of fresh air or seeing the stars in the sky.

*The joy in forgiveness is real. Whether forgiving others, being forgiven by them, or forgiving ourselves, there is joy in the unburdening and the compassion needed to forgive.

*The joy in a bite of chocolate. Savoring a bite rather than taking a bite. There's a difference.

*The joy of grandchildren is immeasurable. They bring me right here, right now. They make me laugh. They exude joy and they do it naturally. When do we lose that?

We don't have to lose that. Seeking JOY today. I bet I will find some more.

Seeking joy on this morning two years later, I found some in finding a word I was looking for, in feeling the increased flexibility in my body, in listening to a song that has always moved me emotionally.

Seek joy today. Tell yourself and others when you find it.

Comments