This time it's a 12 Pack...Of puzzles, that is

Today I am grateful for faith and the tools I have to carry it with me throughout my day, and for exercises that help keep my core strong.

With a cold stretch and some unexpected time off from work, I took my jigsaw puzzle craze to a new level. Last time it was a Six Pack. I bought a 12 pack this time. For just under ten dollars, I will have many hours of relaxation, the right kind of brain exercise, and the type of escape that is free of hangovers with a bonus side of "play."  Play is my focus word for this year.

This 12 pack includes four each of 150-, 300-, and 500-piece puzzles. I started with two of the smallest ones. They didn't take long and, at 9 x 7 inches, they were cute.  Now, I have turned to a 500-piece one. I find myself almost craving a few minutes here and there after I have been doing some schoolwork or other necessary tasks. This is a healthy craving, one that returns me to some reasonable sense of sanity.

In pausing and looking at the packaging I noticed that the plastic bags each puzzle comes in, all together in a sturdy box, have instructions in 12 different languages as well.

Like smiles, jigsaw puzzles speak a universal language, no words needed. I had never thought of it that way.

Twelve packs of beer tore me down. Building puzzles a piece at a time, building recovery a day at a time; these endeavors fortify me.

In all the ways I am seeing them today, jigsaw puzzles are a little blessing and a gentle reminder.

Comments