Notice Beauty

Living gratefully today, I feel the simple beauty in a good morning kiss shared with my husband. I feel it also in the brisk winter air that hits my face when I step outside. Beauty is felt as much as it is seen.

I am wishing my sister Ann a happy and special milestone birthday today. Happy Birthday Ann!  I will keep the milestone between us who know it. Ann is #7 in the 13 siblings. She is the most middle of those in the middle of this brood.

In the free 8-day practice I am participating in through gratefulness.org, one of the focus phrases has been "notice beauty." Here are a couple of things I have noticed:

*The way an old picture and the faces of family members can spark fresh love. This morning, it is a nearly 10-year-old photo of my 12 siblings and I with Mom, taken at a nephew's wedding. It is the last time all 13 of us were in the same place at the same time. I look forward to the next time we are all together, but I know that life may not afford us that, or it may be a loss that brings us together.

I look from face to face of each sibling and consider the trials and tribulations, and the triumphs and treasures, that have come and gone in our lives these years. I see younger faces, but the same smiles and the same sense of family.

Beautiful.

*The way our bodies work in terms of input and output. Trillions of cells. Thousands of miles of blood vessels, nerves, intestines. Absolutely amazing. Brains sending messages, lungs breathing, hearts pumping, digestion, circulation, healing, regenerating.

Beautiful.

Humbling. Reflective.

Pause and notice beauty today.

Comments